Title AssistantCA - Irvine
Pay Rate: $55,000 - $60,000 per year
We are seeking a Title Assistant to join the team of a National Title Company in Irvine, CA!
The Title Assistant will perform a variety of clerical tasks which include typing various forms of correspondence, processing incoming mail, proofreading various documents, filing, copying, and other administrative support tasks as assigned by the Title Officer. This individual will be expected to have an understanding of title procedures and policy issuance sufficient to communicate with clients in the opening and closing of title files and the preparation of the documents and instructions for closing transactions, along with the following
- Conducts title research to compile chain of title on commercial transactions.
- Creates title files and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents
- Open escrow and title orders and perform initial setup of files and preparation of documents.
- Perform various title related duties, including title report review, procurement of title, document abstracting, and the facilitation of the recording of legal documents.
- Investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability
- Creates title files, documenting all research to compile chain of title
- Insure that title product are completed in a timely manner and are of the highest quality
- High school education or equivalent required
- Auditing skills and the ability to make decisions based on specific circumstances are required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow up
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- PC skillspreferably with Windows programs
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Title industry
- Commercial experience
- High school education or equivalent required, a college degree is a plus
- General real estate knowledge is helpful. Any specific title specialist experience, commercial experience is preferred