Litigation Personal Injury Paralegal/ Legal AssistantFL - Boca Raton
Pay Rate: $25 - $28 per hour
Litigation Personal Injury Legal Assistant/Paralegal: A Litigation Personal Injury Paralegal provides crucial support to attorneys in the legal process related to personal injury cases. They are responsible for assisting with the preparation and management of legal documents, communications, and case files. Their primary goal is to help the attorney effectively handle personal injury cases and ensure that clients receive appropriate legal representation and support throughout the process.
Case Management: Assist in the management of personal injury cases, from intake through settlement or trial, by organizing and maintaining case files, documents, and evidence.
Legal Document Preparation: Prepare and draft legal documents, including pleadings, motions, discovery requests, and correspondence, under the direction of the attorney.
Research: Conduct legal research on relevant laws, regulations, and case precedents to support the attorney's arguments and strategies.
Client Communication: Maintain regular communication with clients, providing updates on case progress, and addressing their questions and concerns.
Medical Records Management: Obtain and organize medical records and other relevant documentation related to the injury claim.
Investigation Support: Assist in gathering evidence, conducting interviews, and obtaining witness statements to build a strong case.
Trial Preparation: Help in preparing trial exhibits, witness lists, and other materials necessary for trial.
Court Filings: File legal documents with the court and ensure compliance with all court procedures and deadlines.
Calendar Management: Manage the attorney's calendar and schedule, including court appearances, meetings, and deadlines.
Billing and Timekeeping: Maintain accurate records of billable hours and expenses incurred on each case.
- Education: A paralegal certificate or associate's degree in paralegal studies is typically required for paralegal positions.
- Experience: Prior experience in a law firm, particularly in personal injury litigation, is beneficial.
- Knowledge: Familiarity with relevant laws, legal terminology, and court procedures is essential.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple cases and deadlines simultaneously.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills for client interactions and drafting legal documents.
- Attention to Detail: Precision in handling legal documents and maintaining accurate records is crucial.
- Research Skills: Proficiency in legal research methods and the ability to analyze and interpret complex information.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in legal software, word processing, and case management software.