Estate Planning / Probate AttorneyFL - North Palm Beach
Pay Rate: $90,000 per year
Job Title: Estate Planning/Probate Attorney
Job Summary: An Estate Planning/Probate Attorney is a legal professional specializing in helping individuals and families plan for the distribution of their assets and navigate the legal process of probate and estate administration. They provide legal counsel and draft legal documents to ensure that clients' wishes are carried out efficiently and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Client Consultation: Meet with clients to discuss their estate planning goals, assess their financial situation, and understand their family dynamics and concerns.
Drafting Legal Documents: Prepare wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance healthcare directives, and other estate planning documents tailored to the client's needs and objectives.
Asset Protection: Advise clients on strategies to protect their assets from potential creditors, lawsuits, and taxation, including the creation of various types of trusts.
Tax Planning: Stay current with state and federal tax laws and develop tax-efficient strategies to minimize estate taxes for clients.
Beneficiary Designations: Review and recommend appropriate beneficiary designations for retirement accounts, life insurance policies, and other assets to align with the estate plan.
Guardianship and Conservatorship: Assist clients in establishing legal arrangements for the care of minor children or incapacitated individuals, including guardianships and conservatorships.
Probate and Estate Administration: Guide clients' executors or personal representatives through the probate process, ensuring proper inventorying of assets, payment of debts, and asset distribution in accordance with the law.
Legal Research: Stay informed about changes in estate planning and probate laws and regulations, conducting legal research as necessary.
Mediation and Dispute Resolution: If disputes arise among beneficiaries or interested parties, work to resolve these conflicts through negotiation or, if necessary, litigation.
Charitable Planning: Advise clients on charitable giving strategies, such as setting up charitable trusts or foundations.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active state bar membership and in good standing.
- Specialization or experience in estate planning and probate law.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal tax laws related to estates.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with clients and their families.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage complex legal matters.
- Problem-solving skills to address unique client situations and challenges.
- Proficiency in legal research and document drafting.
- Ethical and professional conduct in accordance with legal standards and codes of ethics.