Software Development ManagerCA - LOS ANGELES
Software Development Manager
Remote/Hybrid with the ability to come into the office as needed by upper management
This position involves leadership in a collaborative and fast-paced software development team, focusing on client projects. The role includes project architecture design, code quality promotion, and collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing a diverse team of engineers, front-end, backend developers, full stack, and 3D engineers
- Hiring and developing talent
- Technology strategy development and ensuring software reliability and security.
- A strong background in software development, cloud technologies, full-stack development, 3D game engines, and various programming languages and frameworks.
- Expertise in design patterns, web application types, API technologies, DevOps, and scalable solutions.
- Leadership, project management, and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software development or managerial role.
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies, including AWS, Azure, and Google Firebase.
- Experience with real-time 3D game engines like Unity and Unreal.
- Proficiency in various development environments and frameworks (Node.js, Express, Serverless, Zappa, React, Vue.js, .NET Core, Ruby on Rails, and ORM)
- Familiarity with design patterns and paradigms. (OOP, functional programming, MVC, Microservices, monolithic, etc)
- Experience with modern web applications and API technologies. (REST, GraphQL, and SOAP)
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices and CICD.
- Experience with data integration and scalable solutions.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to build and mentor technical teams.
- Excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical interactions.