Commercial Real Estate ParalegalFL - West Palm Beach
Pay Rate: $45,000 - $65,000 per year
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
A West Palm Beach law firm with a friendly, professional environment is seeking a legal assistant to a Partner/Owner of the firm.
AREAS OF PRACTICE :
Commercial and residential real estate, title services and claims, construction liens, business and corporate law, wills, trusts, estate planning, and probate law.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS :
- Must have exceptional document formatting, proofreading, and grammatical skills.
- A working knowledge of real estate transactions and terminology.
- Typing and modifying agreements and redlining to track changes.
- Fast and accurate typist.
- Maintain attorney's calendar and contacts.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with AltaStar or Tabs 3/Practice Master software is a plus, but not required.
- Heavy experience and background in Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Process title and client representation files from start to finish.
- Open files, input file data into Qualia software (if applicable), obtain file number.
- Review incoming contracts, create key dates list for approval, note any important contractual obligations and/or issues for follow-up, create critical notes for file.
- Assist attorney and/or paralegal with maintaining calendar for closings/due dates/client meetings.
- Track and confirm earnest money deposits and provide EMD receipts (if applicable).
- Title files: Order title search, lien search, estoppels, surveys (if required and cost approved by client), and loan payoff statements; prior to closing, order final update.
- Buyer/Seller representations: send representation letters requesting from the closing agent the title search, lien search, estoppels, and surveys (or order for client if desired).
- Assist attorneys and/or paralegal with correspondence and review of legal documents including, but not limited to, legal descriptions, title commitments, surveys, closing statements, closing documents and the like.
- Maintain checklist and calendar for buyer/seller representation files
- Answer/return calls and coordinate intake sheet for new clients
POST-CLOSING (Residential and Commercial files):
- Upon closing, prepare closing binders for buyers and sellers, transmit lender packages.
- Record required documents online
- Prepare and send post-closing checks and confirm that all checks and required wires have been sent.
- Scan closing files into our cloud-based backup system
- Title files: check closing updates for instruments recorded in the gap, prepare title policies through our closing software for buyers and/or lenders, scan and send final title policies and original documents to clients and lenders, retain file for final post-closing update to ensure clear gap and satisfactions of outstanding mortgages/releases of any outstanding title matters.
- Buyer/Lender Representations: Follow Up after closing to review, receive and send to the client the final owner's/lender's policy and original documents within 30 days of closing
The firm offers a competitive salary with an exceptional benefits package including employer-paid health insurance, employer-paid disability and life insurance, optional group dental insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off for holidays, personal days, sick days, and vacation days.