Accounts Payable ClerkCA - City of Industry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems
• Strengthen and grow relationships with vendors and suppliers through timely payment
• Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
• Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
• Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements
• Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
• Perform invoice and general ledger data entry
• Execute credit card and bank account reconciliation
• Generate purchase orders as necessary
• Print and obtain signatures on all checks
• Provide the receipts to the auditors for verification
• Assists the accounting staff during month end and year end closing of accounts.
• Assist senior financial officers as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
• High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
• Be well versed with the organizational and industrial accounting standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Be skilled in the accounting applications and reconciliation of accounts
• Be excellent in communication and coordination.
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with the staff, vendors, clients and other public
• Be able to exercise judgment and resolve any problems arising in the preparation and maintenance of accounts
• Be skilled in using the most advanced accounts payable automation applications