Corporate Legal AssistantCA - San Diego
Purpose of Job
The Corporate Legal Assistant provides administrative, documentation and project support to the legal department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary work in preparation of responding to third-party legal and regulatory process including subpoenas, DRE inquiries and Board of Realtors claims. This involves identifying and collecting documents from various business areas, preparing written responses to the requests and interacting with attorneys or legal staff making the requests.
- Provide support in matters of corporate governance, maintain corporate record books and prepare maintain Business Licenses, DRE Branch licenses and other instruments relating to the creation/dissolution of legal entities.
- Provide compliance support in the areas of real estate law and regulation, employment law, contract law and insurance law.
- Provide support for company Fictitious Business Names Statements (FBNS) and team name requests: file and submit all FBNS paperwork with local County Clerk Recorders Office and file proof of publications and maintain FBNS database.
- Provide administrative support e.g., filing, and secretarial support to the legal team.
- Support special projects and perform any additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities, as directed, achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Associates degree in legal studies or related field; or equivalent work experience. Legal assistance training preferred.
- Three to five years' experience working in a corporate law department within a corporation or law firm.
- Must have significant understanding of legal process, familiarity with legal terms and concepts in specific area of law.
- Demonstrated ability to research, process and present information on a wide variety of topics.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to process information timely and accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet use, and office equipment operation.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, a customer-service focus and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly and to prioritize multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Integrity, dependability, accuracy and flexibility.