Civil Litigation AttorneyFL - North Palm Beach
We're looking for a civil litigation attorney that will conduct civil lawsuits, draw up legal documents, advise clients as to legal rights, and practice other phases of law by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages outside counsel engaged in dispute resolution and litigation
- Gathers evidence in cases to formulate resolution strategy or evaluate initiation of legal action
- Conducts research, interviews clients, and witnesses and handles other details for comprehensive case management
- Represents the Company, as necessary, in mediations, arbitrations or litigation proceedings
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for operating units
- Provide legal advice concerning business operations
- Prepares contracts, settles labor disputes, and administers other legal matters
- Be admitted to the bar (and either citizenship or work authorization) in one or more U.S. states.
- Have experience in corporate litigation is required.
- Have experience in international dispute resolution, including arbitration, and familiarity with mediation and various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- While not a requirement, some experience in intellectual property litigation preferred.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to integrity, professionalism, and community (including volunteer or pro bono activities).
- Have a higher-caliber academic record and work history that affirmatively demonstrates an ability to lead others in a broad, culturally heterogeneous environment.
- Possess Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Possess expert advocacy skills, including the ability to efficiently communicate in writing and orally, an aptitude for practical negotiation, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests, and a well-developed sense of humor.
- The position is well suited to candidates with an open mind, an appreciation of new experiences and challenges, enthusiasm for business, and a deep curiosity about the world's cultures, businesses, and legal systems.
Education and/or Experience
- Juris Doctorate degree (J. D.).
- Active Bar license.