Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall closing process.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Provide the transaction status throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers.
- Review contract, title commitment, and lender instructions to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Submit an error-free HUD-1 settlement statement to the lender for approval.
- Provide a professional closing experience to obtain appropriate signatures, handle good funds, and meet all title and lender requirements.
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle a commercial real estate transaction from the receipt of the contract through funding and disbursement.
- Prepare the closing file for the disbursement department according to the company disbursement guidelines.
- Resolve all post-closing reconciliation issues, including company reports and according to company time frames.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player and mentor to closing assistant/closing team. Sometimes assisting the closing assistant to obtain and/or update file information when needed for processing.
- Closer must know and be able to perform every task of the closing assistant duties as well as their own.
- Constant communication with an assigned closing assistant.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Must have at least 3 years of prior escrow officer experience, including multi-state and Florida.
We offer a competitive salary commiserate with experience and excellent benefits package.