IT Technician LeadCA - San Diego
The IT Technician Lead provides technical leadership and work direction to the IT technician team. This position also provides computer and communication systems technical support, problem analysis, resolution and response for our sales agents and staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and direct activities of the IT technician team (Help Desk Analysts and Telecommunications Administrator): answer questions, direct resources and help resolve problems.
- Establishes, plans and implements the policies and procedures to support the operation of the Help Desk.
- Develop and enhance guidelines to ensure all knowledge base documentation and troubleshooting procedures are current and accurate.
- Ensure timely and appropriate escalation, communication and closure of incidents having business impact.
- Measure and monitor Service Level Agreements.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly Service Level Reports.
- Quality Call Monitoring of support personnel.
- Monitor for availability, response times and problem trends.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and relocate computer hardware and software.
- Provide system support and troubleshooting for staff and sales associates.
- Respond to and analyze problems through discussions with users.
- Order computer hardware and software.
- Install software and provide initial user training where necessary.
- Perform 3 rd level technical diagnosis and troubleshooting for users with hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Drive timely communication and appropriate level of reporting for IT and Business Stakeholders.
- Support and maintain effective relationships with business and 3rd party vendors.
- Recruit, select, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, mentor and retain staff for the successful performance of the department and achievement of company objectives.
Perform any additional IT-related responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- A minimum of four years of diverse experience in the information technology field.
- Experience in a senior technical, leadership, or supervisory role preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive technical knowledge of computers, including usage, installation, repair and configuration of software and hardware.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and vendors with a customer service focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to comprehend and resolve the problems experienced by staff using software application programs.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of additional peripheral technologies including, but not limited to, audio, multi-function devices and smart phones.
- Basic knowledge of telephony concepts, preferably in VoIP PBX environments.
- Ability to accurately convey technical information to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, organizing, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Able to travel to different company work locations.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed to complete projects or resolve problems.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and ability to travel on a daily basis through assigned territory on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
Actual wage is based upon education and experience.
Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation (PTO), 401(k) with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, and PTO.