Escrow Officer Closer ProcessorFL - Sarasota
Summary: The Escrow Officer provides closing services for residential/ commercial transactions. As the Processor, you would be responsible for all aspects of processing mostly residential, but some commercial transactions to include clearing of title and assist in preparing closing documents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage the overall closing process.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Provide status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers.
- Review contract, title commitment, and lender instructions in order to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Submit an error-free HUD-1 settlement statement to the lender for approval.
- Provide a professional closing experience to include: obtaining appropriate signatures, handling of good funds, and meeting all title and lender requirements.
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle a commercial real estate transaction from the receipt of the contract through funding and disbursement.
- Prepare the closing file for the disbursement department according to the company disbursement guidelines.
- Resolve all post-closing reconciliation issues including company reports and according to company time frames.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player and mentor to closing assistant/closing team. At times assisting the closing assistant to obtain and/or update file information when needed for processing.
- Closer must know and be able to perform every task of the closing assistant duties as well as their own.
- Constant communication with an assigned closing assistant.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
- 5 plus years of closing experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law.
- Ability to build and maintain productive customer relationships.
- Must have Current Notary
- Producer's License is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and documentation skills
- Good customer service skills along with excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to productively interact with peers, customers, and management
- Proficient with internet navigation
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, professionalism, organized and ability to prioritize