Fund Accountant - Real EstateCA - Los Angeles
We are seeking a full-time Fund Accountant to work with a dynamic, energetic, and effective team. This position is an amazing opportunity to further your accounting career and gain exposure to all aspects of commercial real estate lending and finance.
- The successful candidate will be located in Los Angeles, have an Accounting or Finance Bachelor's Degree, and have 3-4 years of real estate and/or fund accounting experience.
- To qualify for this position you must have worked with funds and investors for at least two years.
- To be successful in this role you must be a self-starter, have strong communication and organizational skills, maintain a sense of urgency & attention to detail, work as a team player, and have a fantastic attitude.
- Manage fund accounting activities for five funds.
- Liaise with third-party fund administrator on all fund related activity.
- Oversee reporting and compliance for credit lines.
- Assist with multiple investor-facing responsibilities.
- Assist with yearend processing, month end closing, and financial audits.
- Oversee cyclical investor reporting.
- Prepare financial reports and custom investor statements.
- Review and reconcile expenses, distributions, and draws of funds.
- Ensure fund compliance with all loan documents and agreements.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Located in Los Angeles and able to commute to office.
- 3-4 years of real estate accounting and/or fund accounting experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Experience with debt funds or REIT funds, or other real estate funds preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Concur software; 10-key by touch and QuickBooks for desktop experience a plus.
- Weekly lunches and stocked kitchen.
- Supports a healthy work-life balance with generous time off.
- Passion to provide opportunity for growth.
- Rich benefit plans including affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage and 401K with company match.
- Company paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.