ON HOLD - Collector IICA - San Diego
- Contact members with delinquent accounts to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist members in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status.
- Maintain exceptional member service throughout each interaction while assisting in identifying and executing solutions for members.
- Manage a high volume of both outbound and inbound calls.
- Prepare files for recovery of collateral and submit files to management for voluntary or involuntary repossession approval.
- Provide support for team members, branch staff, supervisors and managers.
- Assist members with guaranteed asset protection (GAP) and debt protection claims.
- Resolve overdrawn account and operation losses.
- Employ attention to detail, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening and communication skills.
- Have knowledge in several areas including: bankruptcy, collateral protection insurance (CPI), titles, credit reporting, GAP, Mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI), debt protection, repossessions, account/loan maintenance, deceased member accounts, straw loans and automated clearing house (ACH) setup.
- Stay current with product, procedure and other pertinent changes.
- Attend and complete training that enhances one's ability to perform their job.
- Help coach and train new staff.
- Know how to skip trace proficiently.
- Must meet minimum production standards.
- Adhere to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
Two years to four years of collection or related experience.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.