Branch ManagerMD - Kensington
Direct the operations of a small to medium sized credit union retail branch, ensuring that it meets organizational sales, financial, operational, service and growth plans. Increase commercial and consumer member relationships by making contacts and developing professional connections within the community.
- Hire, direct, develop, motivate, and discipline branch personnel; administer performance evaluations and recommend appropriate personnel actions. Coach, train, develop and set individual sales goals for staff. Monitor sales activity to ensure that the branch meets or exceeds organization sales goals
- Monitor all branch activities to ensure they follow established credit union policies and procedures. Monitor branch operating results relative to established objectives and insure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Develop and deepen account relationships with commercial business members. Accomplish this by making personal calls/visits, assessing needs, and offering credit union products/services to meet those needs
- Monitor trends in the financial services industry and make recommendations for new or improved technology, equipment, product, services or processes that will improve member service, increase efficiency or decrease costs. Assist in the development, testing and implementation of new products and/or services.
- Conduct all member account functions, including teller transactions, processing request for new services, providing counseling and cross-selling appropriate credit union products or services to benefit the member and achieve established sales goals, interview members and process applications for all types of consumer loans. Analyze the financial position of each applicant to determine the level of risk for extending credit. Review all documentation for completeness and accuracy according to credit union compliance guidelines.
- Represent the credit union as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions, and similar groups.
- Performed other related duties as assigned.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A B.S. Degree in Business, and/or a combination of education and five years to ten years of relevant experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of operations, policies, procedures, services related to the financial industry.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to monitor and promote a high quality environment within the credit union.
- Ability to lead, motivates, and supervises the work of branch personnel.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound effective approaches.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others.
- Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.