Senior AccountantCA - Coronado
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- General journal entries, bank reconciliations, data entry into excel workbooks, info inquiry from other depts. Info research and Data entry
- Assistance with year end closing, and assistance with audit and ACFR preparation
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance a big plus.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.