Certified Medical AssistantCA - Valencia
The Certified Medical Assistant will provide direct patient care under the guidelines of the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Know and follow Employee Handbook policies and procedures be knowledgeable and adhere to the HIPAA Privacy Rules, and aware of Sanctions of Privacy Violations.
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to the proper process of releasing, (PHI) Patient Health Information.
- Be knowledgeable of the Company's Products & Services, and required Authorizations.
- Provide speedy and efficient service at all times to Patients, Customers and Venders, visiting the facility and /or telephone contact.
- Provide verbal Communication clearly and in writing through proper channels.
- Be punctual and maintain good attendance, use time clock appropriately refer to Employee Handbook.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as evidenced by signed Confidentiality Agreement.
- Continue to illustrate role played as the Company's first impression, when communicating with Patients, Customers and Venders, use positive language and speak clearly.
- Represent at all times the Company business professional dress code attire.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and demonstrate Time Management skills as well as have the ability to read Customers.
- Promote departmental and organizational goals, be a team player and participate in staff meetings.
- Know and follow applicable safety standards and company policies and procedures.
- Know and follow Employee Handbook policies and procedures
- Communicate verbally and in writing through proper channel
- Maintain patient/employee confidentiality. Be HIPAA compliant, by observing HIPAA and group's guidelines
- Use time clock appropriately (if applicable)
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Follow dress code.
- Notify supervisor in writing when requesting paid time off.
- Be courteous.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Promote departmental and organizational goals.
- Know and follow applicable safety standards.
- Be familiar with contents of communication book, medical forms and safety manual.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sitting - writing, phone calls - Frequency - 20% or more.
- Standing - performance procedures - Frequency - less than 40%.
- Walking - to and from examination room - Frequency - less than 40%.
- Lifting - 0-60 lbs or more; patients, supplies, etc. - Frequency - approximately 15%.
- Bending, stooping and squatting - delivering patient care - Frequency - approximately 30%.
- Reaching above head to 75 degrees - supplies, charts - Frequency - approximately 10%.
- Pushing/pulling - transporting patients in wheelchair or on gurney - Frequency - approximately 10%.
- Hand/grip dexterity - administer medication/injections, writing, holding instruments - Frequency - approximately 30%.
- Climbing stairs, one flight - Frequency - approximately 5%.
- Escort patients to exam rooms and obtain complete and accurate vital signs.
- Obtain and document all pertinent information in patient charts.
- Anticipate, assist, and perform procedures ordered by the provider.
- Maintain timely patient flow and room availability.
- Maintain patient safety and confidentiality.
- Reinforce patient education and participate in patient teaching.
- Stock and maintain exam rooms, nursing stations, and individual workstations.
- Participate in unit duties, such as cleaning and ordering supplies.
- Maintain a current, accurate, procedure log, lab log, and patient's tickler files, as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor all equipment used for patient care and testing, including calibration of equipments. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Actively participate in nursing QI by identifying problems, providing solutions, and evaluating outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate handling and accurate documentation of all medications ordered by the provider.
- Able to initiate and appropriately participate in a Code White, Code Blue, Code Red, and Code Grey within the guidelines of scope of practice.
- Competent with all aspects of patient care provided in each department, thus able to float to all departments.
- Knowledge of VVIPA computers and able to use it as it pertains to the job.
- Universal precautions utilized in all patient care.
- Knowledge of Titmus machine, hearing testing, spirometry and other procedures as needed.
- Maintain current certification in drug testing, BAT. Performs urine drug testing and BAT, in accordance to regulation.
- Send out physical examination, urine drug screen results to companies in a timely manner.
- Perform all regular duties of a Certified Medical Assistant.
- Assign Rx Prescription refill requests to M.D.
- Assist P.A. with documentation and finalization.
- Transcribe for M.D. by generating and finalizing documents.
- Gather documentation for referrals and submit authorization when requested by M.D.
- Keep an accurate log of requests
- Arrange specialist visits and consults for patients.
- Communication with patients, such as following up by phone on lab results and hospital discharges.
- Assist with gathering information to comply with star measures, HEDIS, and all other guidelines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate of equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Current CPR.
- One year of experience in a physician office or clinic.
- Current venipuncture certification.
- Current certification in urine drug screen collection, breath alcohol, and hair analysis.
- Ability to work in a multi-task, high-stress environment