Human Resources / Payroll SupervisorTX - Las Cruces
Pay Rate: $41,600 - $52,000 per year
Title: HR/Payroll Supervisor
Description: This position is tasked with all HR/Payroll Administrative functions and ensures all tasks are completed in compliance with local and federal laws. This job includes but is not limited to assisting with recruiting, benefits, maintaining employee records, processing bi-weekly/monthly payroll, and maintaining compliance with prevailing wage requirements, either personally or by working with an outside service provider.
- Generating bi-weekly payroll, pay adjustments, and bonus checks
- Processing new hire onboarding and employee offboarding and managing benefits including open enrollment and benefit statements
- Maintaining 401k enrollments and ensuring they process to the payroll system
- Generating monthly payroll reports for Workers Compensation
- Assisting with reporting and handling of employee work injuries
- Maintaining a timekeeping system for additional job numbers needed
- Processing employee badges for clients, updating and filling out applications and
- Collecting and verifying employees' timekeeping data
- Setting up employees' earnings/deductions in the payroll system
- Providing bi-weekly payroll and month-end reports to the Accounting team
- Payroll Year-End Compliance, W-2 Submissions, and Bonuses
- ACA & HIPPA Compliance
- Organizing and maintaining employee records
- Staying up to date on changes to HR and Payroll laws
- Setting up annual employee reviews in our HR automation system
- Assisting in updating the employee handbook on a yearly basis
- Gathering documents for annual audits including 401k Non-Discrimination Test and worker's compensation
- Issuing weekly safety and tailgate topics through our HR automation system
- Assisting with recruiting (e .g., posting and publicizing jobs online) and the interviewing process
- Meeting deadlines set by your manager as well as promise dates that you provide to customers, colleagues, and others,
- Attending necessary meetings and assisting with the completion of action items assigned to your department,
- Mastering and maintaining the Company's various software systems. These include Teams, Paylocity, QuickBooks, and other software applications as they are adopted
- Responsible for all aspects of public works and Prevailing Wage Compliance
- Consistently maintaining a positive attitude and performing as a team player on a day-to-day basis, and
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or comparable training and/or experience;
- Minimum of four years of experience processing multi-state payroll
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, a strong work ethic, positive outlook, and ability to focus and complete assigned tasks.
- Understanding of human resources principles and procedures.
- Experience with Paylocity system preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency using Microsoft programs including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Teams
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Position if full-time, on-site