Sr Financial Reporting AnalystOR - Portland
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is primarily responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of internal and external financial statements and other financial and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting. This is a key role in providing executive leadership and external resources with financial data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Development of company's culture that emphasizes employee engagement, our 4 C's, quality of work, key employee retention and high performance.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Prepare and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operations, processes and activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exercise judgement to support and document financial reporting and accounting conclusions.
- Conduct research and investigate discrepancies as needed to ensure financial statements are presented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports, advises and escalates any issues impacting Financial Reporting.
- Assist with the implementation of financial reporting and general process enhancements.
- Review and perform analytics to explain regional variances in financial and productivity data.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups (IT, Compliance, National Escrow, Executive Leadership) to provide accurate financial information, proactively identify and resolve potential accounting or compliance issues, and recommend practical solutions.
- Assist with various ad hoc reporting/financial projects such as cost reduction initiatives, ROI on strategic projects and other cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide input and recommendations for streamlining processes and making process improvements.
- Coordinates, assists, and responds to the external auditors in their year-end audits
- Provide input and recommendations to written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and participate in strengthening the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Must function well in a team-oriented environment and work effectively as a team member, with management staff as well as be able to work independently and/or unsupervised.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot, analyze and interpret complex data and systems to quickly identify problems and bridge gaps between business needs and IT solutions.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to details required
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure as an individual and as a team member to meet deadlines
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Solid Accounting knowledge and application of US GAAP.
- Results oriented, able to meet all deadlines and focus on results.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 3-5 years of Financial Reporting experience.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to manage large amounts of detailed information.
- Self-starter with ability to collaborate cross-functionally with business partners.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Team player attitude and ability to work with a diverse group of team members in a professional and collaborative environment.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history and credit background check.
- Title Insurance/Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and BI360 a plus.