Funding Service SpecialistCA - San Diego
Full Job DescriptionSUMMARY: A Loan Funding Specialist is primarily responsible for managing the processing and execution of all daily loan funding requests submitted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Receives daily funding requests from client and manages processing daily queue to ensure timely execution of transaction execution.
- Performs data verification cross-checks on each funding request to warehouse loan management systems' database and imaged closing documents relative to program eligibility.
- Performs due diligence to ensure is eligibility and data base approvals.
- Approves instruction letters regarding disbursement of funds and transportation of closing collateral documentation.
- Prepares and delivers funding request for accounting approvals
- Verifies funding request is executed as scheduled.
- Records all executed funding requests and related data into loan management system for tracking and reporting measures.
- Coordinates the review, reconciliation and verification of all loan funding settlement requests (payoffs) for accounting accuracy and data integrity.
- Confirms that scheduled take-out investor is eligible, current and resides within approval database.
- Opens new accounts
- Works on consumer loans, personal loans, auto loans, credit cards, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prior mortgage loan processing, underwriting, closing or post-closing related experience and a general knowledge of mortgage lending regulations, loan documentation, policies and procedures preferred
- Confidentiality in handling of secure borrower documents required