Accounts Payable SpecialistCA - San Diego
Purpose of JobAccounts Payable Specialist - Lead coordinates, participates and provides accounting support of a specialized nature to achieve department and corporate goals and objects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Assign, monitor and participate in the day-to-day processing of accounting payable transactions and evaluate and improve practices for efficiency.
- Monitor and participate in preparing transaction documents and insure entries are coded and posted into the system properly.
- Review data for accuracy of amounts, coding and account numbers.
- Perform batch entry and other data input, key verifications.
- Total accounts, reconcile statements, and generate reports.
- Complete month-end and other account reconciliations.
- Post details of business transactions to appropriate ledger and journal.
- Maintain files and transaction records.
- Provide work direction and training to staff and serve as a liaison with other departments regarding questions and/or discrepancies.
- Key in journal entries and reconcile accounts.
- Identify and resolve problems and inconsistencies and determine and initiate appropriate corrective procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods and procedures in assigned area of responsibility.
- Apply organizational policies and assure adherence to departmental procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Assist in month end closing and financial variance.
- Lead in accounting payable for all companies.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Apply organizational policies and assure adherence to department procedures.
- Support Controller, CFO, Accounting Manager and Accounts Payable Manager with special projects.
- Provide assistance and act as liaison with other departments, managers, and organizations of the company with questions and discrepancies.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Associate's degree in accounting or equivalent knowledge and work experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years of operational accounting experience.
- Experience providing work direction to others helpful.
- Experience working with internal customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions etc.
- Proficient in Excel and computer skills. Ten key by touch. Word and general accounting software.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities. High degree of integrity.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently under deadline pressure.
- Must possess good organizational skills with a high degree of analysis, accuracy, quality, and detail orientation.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Industry knowledge a plus.