Escrow OfficerCloserTX - Houston
- A Closer/Escrow Officer is primarily responsible for establishing new escrow clients and managing the escrow process through closing
- Originates business by contacting prospective clients and by developing and maintaining referral sources.
- Markets, establishes and maintains business relationships with potential and existing clients through professional, social, civic and community groups that promote the services and goodwill of the company. Oversees the activities of Escrow Assistants to ensure all business operating practices are executed in a timely manner.
- Manages the complete closing transaction through research, expert knowledge and consultation with involved parties.
- Accurately manages and calculates all financial matters surrounding each closing transaction.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining title and underwriting requirements, clearing titles, assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds.
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds and maintaining records.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
- Prepares settlement statements by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; readingof 3 professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Keeps job knowledge current by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Identifies and communicates areas of improvement regarding operations to management.
- Performs other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned by management.
- Performs all essential functions by being physically present at the worksite on a full-time basis.
- Ability to comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and memos with proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver superior internal and external customer service.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, demonstrate strong follow-through and to follow all regulatory and company procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to effectively utilize title-searching software.
- Ability to type at least 45 words per minute.