Title ExaminerIL - Schaumburg
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine title evidence for the property. Make determinations as to whether or not company should insure property by reviewing items such as; plat books, maps, foreclosure documents, divorce decrees, bankruptcy documents, judgments, title transfers, etc. Search and examine public records to identify any encumbrances, tax liens or other defects that could affect the clear transfer of title. Produce a commitment reflecting the results of the examination. If property is under certain threshold, make decision as to whether or not to insure property. If property is over threshold, confer with underwriter. Recommend solutions on files that are border line to insure.
- Answer questions from closers, attorneys, real estate agents and others on title issues reflected in the title commitments.
- May monitor progress of departmental staff to ensure that work is being produced in a timely manner. Assist in training for new staff members and in establishing internal procedures that will increase efficiency and quality.
- May attend various sales meetings and teach educational sessions to help market title services.
- Attend continuing legal education and real estate courses to remain current on the latest title issues.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Real estate, legal background and/or substantial experience (3+ years) in the title industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to work well under production deadlines, while handling multiple records concurrently.
- Detail oriented, with excellent proofing skills.
- Self-directed worker; ability to set work priorities and work independently.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess a customer service focus.