Media PlannerCA - Long Beach
The role of Media Planner is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients' business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Development and presentation of sound, strategic multicultural Media plans based on client marketing direction, knowledge on media landscape and the use of media research.
- Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedules.
- Effective communications with agency buying personnel and media partners to ensure brand needs are met
- Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media solutions.
- Research and develop earned and owned media plans to include within paid media strategies
- Manage and be accountable for media budgets and client billing.
- Communicate and collaborate with Ad Operations on all media execution and troubleshooting
- Assist Media Manager on all new business pitches and executions
Client Management & Communications
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
- Implements the process and assists with the management of strategic and tactical executions of all media products for Clients of responsibility.
- Deliver effective and organized communications in verbal, written forms with client and internal teams.
- Foster a good working relationship with supervisors, account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
- Maintain good rapport with media sales representatives and vendors.
- Be accurate to instill/maintain client confidence.
- Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities.
Leadership & Project Management
- Manage direct reports and responsible for developing the skill and knowledge base of those more junior as well as supervise, advise and counsel group in all daily activities.
- Confers with Media Manager and Client Management Supervisor, Clients, Partner Agencies to establish strategies and tactics for advertising campaigns.
- Implements the ownership and proactiveness of daily tasks in support of the media product.
- Motivate the junior team members and encourage creativity, positive work ethics and attitude throughout all projects by serving as a role model within the group/team.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2+ years of Media Planning experience
- Strong mathematical abilities required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Strong presentation skills are preferred.
- Ability to handle the fast-paced working environment and multiple tasks required.
- Working knowledge of MS, Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Google Suite, Google DCM required.
- Working knowledge of DV360, GWI, MRI, Nielsen (NMI), Prisma preferred
- Hands-on experience with digital planning, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and PR preferred.
- Bilingual in an Asian language preferred.
- Hybrid Work Model: Remote & In-Office