Learning and Development ManagerMD - Rockville
We are currently seeking a Learning & Development Manager to join our winning team. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Administration, this position will be primarily responsible for overseeing the training department, evaluating overall employee effectiveness and performance through the application of individual and group training techniques and programs, consistent with the Credit Union's organizational priorities.
More specifically, the Learning and Development Manager will:
- Oversee new employee orientation sessions and on-the-job training, including use of computers and software; conducts training in marketing techniques, health and safety practices, and refresher and upgrading training.
- Approves and assists in formulating training programs and determines instructional methods, utilizing individual training, group instructions, demonstrations, and workshops; selects or develops training aids such as handbooks, visual aids, and tutorials.
- Evaluates and assists in designing training manuals and related materials, training classes, and training procedures.
- Prepares the training and development budget.
- Tracks the progress of trainees through routine tests, observation, and feedback from supervisors; evaluates the effectiveness of the current training.
- Completes required reports and documents; attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A positive credit standing
- Three to five years of similar or related experience
- A bachelor's degree, or;
- Achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to function in financial institution environment and utilize standard office equipment
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- In depth knowledge of Credit Union regulations, legislation and financial reporting and data processing.
- Must be able to operate related computer software and business equipment including 10-key, telephone, slide, film, overhead projector, and other related training aids.
- Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude is a requirement.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.