AbstractorMN - Eden Prairie
Position is 100% remote after training!
Full Job Description
The Abstractor's primary function is to perform title searches, which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property. These documents are then submitted to the Reviewer, who conducts an examination of the title. The Abstractor uses various websites and title search software and must be innovative in their approach to locating property information. The Abstractor is responsible for determining what does and does not affect the title to a property. The Abstractor must be able to operate in an environment with tight deadlines and strict standards.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate real estate records and examine titles to provide support when determining the historical ownership of properties.
- Searches records using various county software, websites and courthouses.
- Keep detailed notes.
- Summarize legal or insurance documents.
- Updates title and judgment searches.
- Prioritizes and manages workload across multiple projects.
- Analyze chain of title and preparation of reports outlining title-related matters.
- Examine and verify titles.
- Prepare a comprehensive title product according to specified parameters in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Responds to random client requests (e.g., sending copies of deeds).
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organization Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Highly Adaptable to Change
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma and equivalent training and experience.
- One or more years of abstracting experience.
- Two or more years of experience in related field (mortgage, real estate).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Residential Real Estate Title Abstracting
- Knowledge of title and plotting software desired.
- Knowledge of county website use.