Jr Title ExaminerAZ - Scottsdale, AZ
We are currently looking for full-time Jr Title Abstractors/Title Examiners to conduct property ownership, title searches, and public records searches. Strong critical thinking skills in a detail-oriented position. Requires a minimum of 2 years experience working in the Title Dept. Ability to run property searches and review documents for accuracy prior to submitting for recording. Adept at multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates must have excellent computer and research skills as well as enjoy independent work and, challenges that the job brings. This job could require some occasional travel to various courthouses in your area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, accurate chain of title evidence, including copies of all documents in the chain back to the earliest public record.
- Examine public records to determine if there are restrictions or clouds that will affect title or limit property use.
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching
- Obtain maps or drawings delineating properties from title plants, county surveyors, county taxing bodies, and assessors' offices.
- Communicate regularly with management regarding work volumes, search issues, expansion of projects, and obstacles affecting timely production.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge in abstracting for your State
- Minimum of two years of solid experience in performing examining and title searches.
- Prior experience in going to courthouses to extract archived title records.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meets deadlines, and organize workloads.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place