Escrow Officer - El DoradoCA - El Dorado Hills
Escrow Officer - El Dorado, CA
Our client, a subsidiary of a national title company, is looking for an Escrow Officer for their El Dorado, CA branch. Our client islicensed to do business in all 58 California counties through nearly 50 office locations. Founded in 1973, they care about each other and about their customers. That dedication has propelled them to the top of the title and escrow industry, and they are committed to doing everything they can to stay there.
Summary:The Escrow Officer interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, directs the preparation of escrow instructions, drawing of documents, issuance of title policies, and disbursement of funds. Coordinates and assists escrow principals, their lenders, and/or agents in the closing of escrows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develops escrow documents in accordance with established policies
- Maintains escrow records and acts as an escrow agent
- Draws and/or directs the processing of escrow instructions
- Facilitates the escrow process by performing a review of the preliminary report to:
- Confirm that transfer documents are consistent with the preliminary report, as authorized in the escrow instructions
- Confirm that escrow is in a position to cause the required policies of insurance to be issued
- Prepares write up for issuance of title insurance policies consistent with principals of escrow
- Reconciles between instructions and preliminary report with the Title Department and/or principals, and agents by obtaining modifications of escrow instructions, assists principals to obtain releases of liens and other encumbrances as necessary
- Opens escrow transactions; develop and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable state and federal regulations
- Confirms and implements the terms contained in escrow instructions involving the financing, sale, or exchange of real property
- Assists with business development activities with the assistance of the business development staff
- Regular and predictable attendance in the branch
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position may have supervisory duties.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles of title and escrow process and procedures
- Must have the ability to interview customers and/or their agents to ascertain their directions and implement those directions through concise escrow instructions
- Must have the ability to transcribe the directions of customers, as expressed into escrow instructions and settlement statements
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios, and proration's to practical solutions)
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to train, assign tasks, and review performance
- Ability to display professionalism in circumstances of high pressure and heavy workload.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions for discussion with fellow co-workers and management when issues arise
- Ability to consult with principals and/or their agents to resolve discrepancies, and organize/prioritize workflow while using independent judgment and discretion
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of escrow applications and software as it relates to title and escrow processes and policies
- Must be a notary
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking, always keeping the integrity of the company at the forefront of any decision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Mentor to the escrow team
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk for long periods of time, twist to reach equipment that surrounds the desk, use the telephone, and operate office equipment.
The company will make reasonable accommodations for known disabilities as required by applicable law. All employees are required to observe the procedures contained in the Company Handbook, devote their full-time energy to the company during work hours, and to be loyal to the company at all times during their employment.