Escrow Assistant- Round RockTX - Round Rock
Escrow Assistant - Round Rock, TX
Our client, a Texas title agency that is part of a national title insurance, underwriting, and support services company believes at their core that if you take care of your employees, they will take great care of their clients -providing Texas' best real estate services. This mindset came from their founder and is brought to life here in their Texas operation by their president. Our client's leadership truly cares about our employees, and they strive to provide the best possible work environment.
At our client, employees are not only valued, but they are also the key assets of the company. As one of their single most important investments, they believe that it is vitally important to support their employees. From mentorship, their open-door policy, and professional development to training, innovative tools, and technology support, they create an environment of learning and growth where employees can thrive. And, when everyone loves their job and the work they do for others, everyone reaps the rewards of a great experience and exceptional title insurance and real estate services.
NOTE: Title company or mortgage loan processing experience is required.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the escrow team, this includes dealing with details of a highly confidential nature. Collects and prepares documents in the opening and closing of orders, assisting escrow principals, their lenders, and/or agents in the closing of escrows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings
- Prepare documents required for closings
- Provides support to obtain the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable state and federal regulations
- Enters required information into the escrow operating system
- Set-up escrow files
- Supports Escrow Officer keeping current on documents required for the close of escrow
- Works closely with Centralized Services including following Best Practices for use of ResWare to provide seamless, virtual teamwork in how files are prepared for closing.
- Performs accounting functions set by each branch and may include; receipt of funds into the escrow account, the opening, and closing of interest-bearing accounts with the escrow accounting department, requests for wire transfers
- Orders payoff statements, fire insurance policies, loan documents, lender requirements for funding, and other documents as required by principals for the recording and closing of escrow files
- Prepares package for recording
- Prepares closing statements, disbursement worksheets, and distributes checks for all closed files
- Regular and predictable attendance in the branch
FUNDING: Obtain lender approval to fund, disburse files, and record documents for policy issuance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate the requirements listed below.
- Must have a working knowledge of escrow principles and practices
- Must demonstrate excellent comprehension and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple actions at once; the flexibility to reprioritize based on the direction of management
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must display professionalism in circumstances of high pressure and heavy workload
- Excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Recommended becoming a notary within 1 to 2 years
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios, and prorations)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- bilingual - English/Spanish.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 to 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
We are doing the majority of our closings curbside. We've set up sneeze guards in the lobbies. We require clients and employees to wear masks as of now.
- escrow: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place