Escrow Assistant Remote East CoastCA - Irvine
Escrow Assistant - Remote - East Coast
About the teamAt our client, it is their plan to change how closing and settlement services are performed! They will improve the customer experience by reducing customer effort, making information transparent, and improving speed.
About the role
Escrow Assistants support the Escrow Officers in closing real-estate transactions quickly and on schedule. The Escrow Assistant's responsibilities are critical to getting a file cleared and ready to close. An ideal candidate has experience in the title and settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in a high-volume environment. They will work concurrently with multiple external parties as well as internal title curative specialists to move a file to 'Clear to Close' status.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Order, track, receive payoffs, estoppel letters, utility bills, and tax information.
- Read, understand, and follow lender closing instructions. Input lender figures into the system.
- Calculate and prorate tax and utility payoff data to create CD/settlement statements.
- Obtain commission payment information from real estate agents involved in the transaction.
- Maintain consistent communication with the assigned Closer regarding the status of items.
- Handle client phone calls prior to the closing. You are the initial "face of ZCS until the closer takes over the file which may be weeks later you are often the client's advocate for much longer than the closer, so customer service skills are key.
- Ensure the system is constantly updated with all email and phone communication.
- Escalate issues to clients and appropriate internal teams.
- Drive closing performance, meet closing dates, provide a great customer experience.
- Collaborate with the title department to resolve title issues.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. "Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, or Tennessee.
Who you are
You are very detail-oriented. You are comfortable calling lenders, taxing authorities, and others to obtain information. You can juggle multiple priorities and are very time conscious. You understand the importance of closing dates and work diligently to ensure real estate transactions close on time. You carry yourself professionally and represent our client both internally and externally!
- 1+ years of experience in the title and settlement business.
- Very time conscious and able to track multiple deliverables for several files simultaneously.
- Familiar with standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry. Ability and willingness to make phone calls and follow-up diligently on required items.
- Possesses a 'do it now " mentality.
- Ability to communicate with lenders and other parties in a positive, friendly, and helpful way.
- Understanding of concepts needed to balance a real estate transaction.
- Very quality conscious, takes extreme pride in work done well.
- Ability to professionally manage challenging customers, to diffuse conflict situations, and resolve closing issues quickly.
- Ability to work on multiple files concurrently without making errors.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to manage high-volume transactions in a paperless environment.
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Curative experience is preferred.
- Experience with ResWare a plus.