Funding Services SpecialistCA - San Diego
We are currently looking for experienced Funding Services Specialists in San Diego!
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Funding Services, this position processes and funds new accounts and loans through all consumer channels by verifying income and employment, fulfills underwriting stipulations, prepares loan documents and receives necessary signatures, disburses funds, prepares documents for imaging, and provides excellent quality service to meet expectations and established service levels. This position supports the credit union by complying with established policies and procedures and achieving organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of consumer loan types, documents, protection products, credit union services, systems, delivery channels, policies, and procedures.
- Opens new accounts.
- Processes and funds consumer loans including autos, recreational vehicles, motorcycles, personal loans, and credit cards per credit union policies and procedures through various delivery channels.
- Performs basic verification of income and employment, when necessary.
- Ensures stipulations are satisfied and application information is consistent with Loan Officer's approval prior to booking.
- For collateralized loan fundings, processes and verifies DMV paperwork to ensure CCCU is listed as lien holder of for titling purposes. Completes internal checklists and forwards to Loan Servicing.
- Offers credit union protection products and ensures applicable qualifications are met with forms and disclosures are complete.
- Prepares new account and loan documents for in-branch or electronic signatures. Ensures all documents are accurate and complete. When necessary, generates barcodes and prepares membership and loan documents for imaging if not handled through the electronic process.
- Disburses loan proceeds.
- Answers the Funding Services phone line to assist Borrowers, internal staff, and Dealers. Makes outgoing calls to Borrowers, Dealers, and Lien Holders. In addition, communicates with Borrowers and Dealers via email and electronic chat feature.
- Meets/exceeds established service levels and organizational goals per the credit union's Operating Plan.
- Performs necessary steps to ensure BSA/AML compliance to reduce risk to the credit union.
- Performs other relevant and related duties as required.
Education, skills, & abilities:
- The experience as acquired from a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of lending terminology and documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively; strong verbal and written skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to use a personal computer and word processing software. Ability to operate business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephonic devices.
- Ability to arrive for work on time, follow directions from a Manager or Supervisor, interact effectively with co-workers, follow policies and procedures while working independently, and embrace coaching from management when necessary.
- **Consumer Loan expierence is a plus**