Senior Escrow OfficerAZ - Scottsdale
Senior Escrow Officer - Scottsdale/Phoenix AZ
Our client, a national real estate powerhouse is looking for a senior escrow officer for their Scottsdale/Phoenix office.
About the team
This is a new team that is at the center of our client's efforts to improve the future of home selling for their customers. Together this team is in charge of establishing and developing world-class operations for residential real estate transactions, central to our mission to make the process of buying or selling a home a consumer-friendly, state of the art experience that can be launched with just the click of a button and empower people to unlock life's next chapter. Please note that this team is temporarily working remotely due to Covid-19.
About the role
An ideal candidate has experience in the title and settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in Arizona. Working within a high volume team-oriented environment. You possess a hardworking attitude and desire to WOW buyer/seller/lender customers by meeting timelines, communicating proactively and regularly, and serving customers with a positive, appreciative demeanor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between all parties within the home buying/selling ecosystem
- Communicate and keep all parties fully aware of the closing status
- Align with all regulatory requirements
- Promote a 'first time right' mentality to eliminate errors and rework
- Drive closing performance, meet closings dates, provide a great customer experience
- Prepare CD/settlement statements and other closing documents and perform quality review
- Collaborate with the title department to resolve title issues
- Address inquiries from buyers, sellers, and lenders in a timely manner
- Confirm closing dates, locations and schedule signings
- Balance and disburse funds accurately and timely
- Coordinate with internal banking and accounting teams in the maintenance of escrow accounts and records
You enjoy working in a high-energy, collaborative environment. You love helping others. You have excellent communication skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities. Answering the phone is never an interruption, rather, it is an opportunity to show off your skills. You carry yourself professionally and take pride in representing our client both internally and externally.
- 3+ years' experience preferred performing closing transactions
- Highly knowledgeable regarding standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry
- Full knowledge to successfully perform residential purchase transactions from receipt of contract and earnest money through funding and disbursement
- Demonstrates ability to calculate discounts, prorations, and commission splits accurately
- Strong understanding of various title policy forms and typical endorsements
- Ability to professionally navigate challenging conversations, diffuse conflict situations and resolve closing issues quickly
- Ability to handle high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with ResWare a plus
- Temporarily working remote due to Covid-19
Get to know us
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, they provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations they can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.