Title Insurance CloserND - Fargo
Accurately closes residential escrows that may involve all-inclusive deeds of trust, and wrap contracts. May be called upon to prepare closing escrows of a more complicated and higher liability nature, such as commercial escrows.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintains regular and loyal clientele.
- Prepares preprinted documents, closing statements and escrow instructions, presents to buyers and sellers at closing and coordinates timing of closing, recording, disbursement of funds and issuance of title insurance policy.
- Insures that all terms and conditions of the purchase and sale agreement are complied with.
- Communicates accurately, timely, and effectively with all parties involved in the transaction.
- Receives and carries out written and verbal instructions.
- Insures that each escrow folder is properly completed and its contents filed in accordance with standardized escrow procedures.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary instruments and demands to clear title for closing.
- Executes unit or branch business development plan to maintain and acquire new customers.
- May contact brokers, real estate agents, builders, attorneys, lenders and other customers to solicit business and ascertain the individual service needs to the customer through excellent communication skills.
- Actively participates in industry related functions, during and after normal business hours.
- Provides educational support to clients when requested.
- Performs notary duties following the National Notary Association guidelines.
- Mentors and encourages personal and professional growth of team members.
- Provides leadership to Escrow Assistants, trains, assign tasks, and reviews performance. Provides performance feedback on Escrow Assistants, EO I and/or EO II's to unit or department manager.
- May have training responsibilities for assistant personnel.
- Support and alignment with Company Core Values; service, integrity, teamwork, trust & respect, accountability and profitability.
- Work overtime as required to meet the business needs.
- Consistently works pre-established work schedule.
- Participates in cross training to meet the business strategies.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experienced level position. Extensive knowledge of residential escrow closings. Thorough understanding of commercial escrow closings. In addition to passing the Escrow Officer II assessment, must have a minimum of five years experience as an Escrow Officer.
Computer literacy required, proficient in escrow and/or title software, MS Word and Excel, electronic email, Intranet and Internet savvy, typing 40 wpm, 10-Key, operates office machines such as a typewriter, fax, scanner and phone system. Must have good math skills, proven accuracy skills with the ability to proofread and correct errors, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills to enhance the overall customer experience. Must possess strong organizational skills and have a high attention to detail. Must maintain valid Notary Commission and valid state driver's license.