Escrow OfficerTX - Addison
Escrow Officer - Addison, TX
Position: Full time, permanent position
Our client, a leading multi-state title company with operations in Texas is currently seeking an Escrow Officer for its Addison branch. Our client prides themselves on their culture and their ability to make their company a place that employees enjoy coming to each day. They believe that hard work is important, but we also believe life balance is essential. They encourage and support their employees in becoming their best, both personally and professionally. Everything they produce is the result of the talent and hard work of their team members.
The company offers numerous options to help its employees achieve their financial, professional, and wellness goals including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, pet insurance options
- Paid time off
- Company provided life insurance policy
- 401(k) plan and match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Career development and opportunities for advancement
- Charitable activities and more
Escrow Officer role purpose:
Completes real estate transactions by determining requirements, clearing titles, assembling and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine escrow requirements by studying and following buyer, seller and lender instructions
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances
- Establish escrow account by depositing funds and maintain account records; close escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds
- Prepare escrow instructions and title documents
- Complete calculations by prorating taxes and interest
- Communicate with lenders regarding such things as follow up needs and instructions
- Manage all phases of documentation including assembling and reviewing documents, completing documents, obtaining signatures, recording and filing, and final closing statements/title disbursement
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct closings
- Review papers with parties, answer questions, explain provisions and procedures as needed during the closing process
- Manage positive client relationships
- Ensure compliance with title and escrow regulations
- Maintain on-going knowledge of title, escrow and closing practices
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years escrow and closing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of title, escrow, and closing practices in Texas
- Experience providing quality customer service; excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate; can handle high volume without sacrificing accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced functionality in Microsoft Office products
- Strong time management and organizational skills; capable of multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)polished and tactful
- Able to maintain professionalism, integrity, and polite demeanor in all work-related activities;
- Can readily adapt in a faced paced, rapidly changing environment
- Have an exemplary record of attendance and punctuality
- Maintain stationary position up to one hour at a time in order to utilize telephone and computers.
- Heavy reliance on communication with persons inside and outside the company, in the English language, through the spoken or written word; must be able to exchange accurate information in these communications.
- Able to exercise good judgment and sound decision making, remain positive, and preserve interpersonal relationships when choosing behaviors for dealing with a variety of personalities, behaviors, and reactions.
- Ability to utilize several different computer software programs, the ability to properly interpret and apply information from those programs, and to input information into the programs.
- Perform duties without direct oversight in an accurate, efficient, and professional manner.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and integrity, able use to reasoning skill to determine which information is included in these categories.