Escrow OfficerCompany: CalAtlantic Group
FL - ORLANDO
CalAtlantic Homes. Continuing the legacies of Ryland and Standard Pacific. With nearly 100 years of combined homebuilding expertise, CalAtlantic Homes, the new company formed by the merger of these two well-respected companies, operates in 17 states with 26 divisions serving 41 major markets. Together, the breadth of organizational talent, collective experience, shared customer and quality focus, and an array of exceptional product offerings make CalAtlantic a substantial force in the new home sector.
CalAtlantic Title is currently searching for an Escrow Officer to join our Title branch in Philadelphia, PA, where they will be working closely CalAtlantic Mortgage, outside lenders and CalAtlantic Homes' customers.
The qualified candidate will perform the fiduciary responsibility of closing transactions according to lender closing instructions while ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
Responsibilities Responsibilities Will Include:
- Coordinate closing times with the buyers, sellers and agents and ensure all necessary paperwork is prepared prior to signing;
- Conduct signings;
- Explain all documents to the buyers;
- Notarize the legal documents;
- Work to resolve any buyer/seller issues;
- Obtain funding authorization from the lenders (authorization to disburse funds);
- Make and distribute buyer copies of the lender packages;
- Ship and track all lender documents;
- Submit all legal documents for recording on a daily basis;
- Deposit funds at the local bank on a daily basis;
- Distribute buyer checks to the buyers and real estate agents;
- Distribute keys to the buyers;
- Review the Disclosure settlement, legal documents and plat surveys for accuracy and initiate any necessary filed-specific corrections;
- Track broker loans and outside lenders;
- Ensure all lender conditions are met;
- Maintain calendar of closings;
- Maintain constant communication with CalAtlantic Homes regarding closings;
- Maintain any/all continuing education requirements for licensure;
- Assist management with other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications Candidates Will Need to Meet the Follow Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent, college preferred.
- 3-5 years escrow officer experience, preferably in a builder environment.
- Strong knowledge of the title/mortgage industry.
- Strong knowledge of the disclosure settlement (formerly HUD-1).
- Applicable escrow license as required by the State of Pennsylvania.
- Notary Public.
- Strong computer skills (to include FAST).
- Flexible and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven relationship building skills.