Community Mortgage SpecialistCA - San Diego
We have a fantastic opportunity for a mortgage sales professional with one of the finest credit union in San Diego - Community Mortgage Loan Officer, located in Sorrento Valley. As a Community Mortgage Specialist, you'll have the chance to create an effortless lending experience and help clients achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences.
- Effectively sell first and second mortgage products and services to meet each client's individual financial needs and goals.
- Originate mortgage loan applications using loan origination systems (LOS), and utilize sales tools to assist clients in choosing the right loan for their personal financial situation.
- Originate Fixed 2nd Trust Deed and HELOC loan applications using the LOS, when needed.
- Set proper expectations for the loan process, and conduct a warm handoff of loan to processing team to ensure an extra-ordinary service experience.
- Communicate loan status updates to all parties during the mortgage process when needed to ensure on-time loan closing. Ask for referrals and constantly prospect for new clients and business referral partners.
- Develop annual business plan with monthly/quarterly strategies for assigned market area, with VP, Real Estate or Area Lending Manager. Once business plan is approved, you will independently implement the strategies of the plan.
- Initiate proactive calling program to external targeted prospects and proactively manage call list or programs.
- Attend community networking mixers
- Maintain monthly sales log; along with the monthly Status of Report.
- Manage loan pipelines, including timely and proactive follow-up on leads, approved loans, meeting targeted loan closing ratios and other product cross-sell ratios. Update the LOS with member conversations as required by management.
- Maintain the required knowledge of policies and procedures, laws and regulations, as well as other compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; and minimum of 3 years of previous experience in originating first mortgage loans is required; and/or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of market area is required.
- Ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software, mortgage coach software and Microsoft Office application products, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of computer networks and database use.
- Valid California driver's license required.
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and pass annually to maintain active status.
- Due to the nature of the outside calling functions, the employee must be able to work nights and weekends.