Universal Service RepresentativeCA - Berkeley
We are seeking a Universal Service Representative (Universal Banker) to join a well-established credit union in their Berkeley location. As a Universal Service Representative, you'll have the chance to empower members to gain better control of their finances. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences!
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a courteous and professional manner, adhering to credit union's Six-Star Guarantee and Core Values.
- Maintains a teller drawer and processes cash and check deposit in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Processes withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Posts loan payments and general ledger transactions.
- Processes member telephone transfers, check requests, mail, email, night drop and quik drop transactions.
- Accurately balances cash drawer in required time frame.
- Performs a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not limited to: files daily transaction documents, member correspondences, bank recaps, IRAs, decedent accounts, trust certifications, and POAs.
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security practices.
- Cross-sells all products and services to meet member needs and achieve corporate relationship building objectives.
- Performs sales duties in branch to meet each member's individual financial needs.
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products and loans.
- Initiates loan applications using various consumer loan origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan programs for the member's own personal financial situation.
- Coordinates the consumer loan application process between the member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring unbeatable service experience.
- Adheres to company policy and procedure, complete annual compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor management policy.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years related banking experience required.
- Sales experience and/or training required.
- New accounts experience preferred.
- Must have strong cash handling, sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to sell products and services effectively and meet goals.
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with internal and external members.Must be able to multi-task & be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Must possess the ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software and database use.
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operations hours.