REO Retail Escrow CloserCompany: Kass, Shuler, Solomon, Spector, Foyle Singer, PA
FL - Tampa
To perform a variety of Closing Escrow duties related to REO & Retail Real Estate closings in a high energy, fast paced environment, to facilitate and finalize the timely closings of these loans.
- Residential REO & Retail Closings Handle the final aspects of the REO & Retail closing which will include acceptance and review of lender documents. Review and follow lender and seller closings instruction. Preparation of closing documents to include but not limited to; HUD, Deed, POA, Affidavits, etc., review of processor work completed in order to close the file to include but not limited to; analysis of contract, title commitment, title curative & title resolution. Confirm receipt of, conveyance documents as needed for the closing, survey, verifying hazard/flood insurance and proof of same, pest and termite inspection, required payoffs for Retail closings, review liens/judgments, and reviewing HOA/COA Estoppel information, if applicable. Depending on volume, may be required to handle all aspects of processing, closing and post-closing, i.e., audit of account ledger sheet, disbursement of file, transmittal of documents for recording, mailing of payoff funds, organize file for scanning, input follow up tasks regarding title update search and final title policy preparation which will include preparing and issuance of Final Title Policy. Adhering to process and procedures as set forth by management in order to close REO & Retail closings.
- Communication & Correspondence Maintain communication with sellers, buyers, real estate brokers, mortgage broker, lenders and internal co-workers regarding status and progress of preparation to close. Maintain file notes and update client websites as to file progression and status in order to finalize the closing. Confirm closing date with all parties.
- Title Updates & Policies/Research Preparation of title commitments and final title policies.
- Client Relations/Business Development Daily communications with clients/asset management companies, and brokers to ensure healthy business partnerships. Interact with attorneys when issues arise during the closing of the file to ensure accurate information between all parties in order to close the transaction efficiently and timely.
Education & Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience handling closings, REO preferred but not required.
- HUD preparation and experience with closing software a must.