Settlement Coordinator Title InsuranceNY - New York
Process and close lender refinances builder/developer outsales and some residential purchase transactions in strict accordance with lenders' instructions and governing regulations, while developing and servicing a network of clients. Responsible for managing escrow files from the time of initial client contact through the closing conference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review and comply with all requirements set forth on title binder.
2. Recognize title defects and seek advice from appropriate parties as needed to resolve problems.
3. Communicate with lender and comply with lender's instructions.
4. Coordinate with all parties to set time for settlement conference.
5. Order required documents and communicate requests to all parties.
6. Provide Preliminary package to lender as required and receive final authority to close.
7. Review closing paperwork with clients and obtain signatures.
8. Monitor receipt of funds from lender and borrower.
9. Prepare or facilitate preparation of checks for disbursement.
10. Monitor work performed by settlement support staff.
11. Participate in marketing efforts if requested.
12. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
13. Handle more complex Residential transactions (both Refinance and Purchase).
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in the real estate/title industry
3. Knowledge of real estate law, governmental regulation and escrow closing procedures
4. Demonstrated proficiency of basic computer skills, such as Microsoft applications